Another Miracle

My Dad is one tough man!  He has survived a mini stroke and now 4 heart attacks, among many other obstacles.  On Tuesday, August 24, my Dad was outside exercising as usual.  Every day he pulls cement blocks behind him with a chain down a dirt track in the middle of the field behind his house.  Sounds unusual, huh?  Well, my Dad is definitely one of a kind!  He is also hard-headed!  He started this exercise out pulling just one cement block behind him.  He calls me all the time to share his progress with me.  Every time he reaches his goal with one block, he says, "If I could just do one more block I will be happy."  Well, I know my daddy better than that.  He doesn't know when to stop.  That determination is usually a good thing, but in my opinion, he was over-doing it just a little...he was up to 5 blocks!!!  Although I am very proud of him for working out and trying to take care of himself, I hope that he will back off a little now that he has had yet another heart attack!  The Dr did tell him though, that if he had not been exercising, he would definitely be a dead man.  He had one artery that was 100% blocked.  Thankfully, my Dad had his cell phone with him when he was exercising and was able to call his lifetime friend and neighbor, Roger.  Roger called the rescue squad, who rushed my Dad to Pitt County Memorial Hospital.  I am so thankful to everyone that took such great care of my Daddy at PCMH!!  If it weren't for their speedy care, wisdom, and skill, my Dad may not be with us today.  They quickly put a stent in the once blocked artery and within an hour of being at the hospital, my Dad was on his way to recovery.  I am so thankful to our glorious God for giving us more time with my Daddy, whom I love so dearly!  It brings tears to my eyes now just knowing how close we were to losing him.  May we never take for granted the time that we have with our loved ones here on earth!  I love you Daddy!  Here is a picture of Addison laying in the bed with Daddy at the hospital.  She was knocked out! 


Here's another picture of daddy trying to lay just like her....always a jokester!....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!