Baby Shower for Amy and "Baby Perry"

Nov. 14 '10....Yesterday we had a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Amy Perry and my nephew to be, "baby Perry".  As you probably guessed, Amy and Chris have not yet decided on a name.  I'm afraid that when they do, I'm still going to call him baby Perry because that's what he has been for so long now.  Ha!  Whatever they decide I'm sure will be precious and whenever they decide will be perfect timing.  I think the shower went well!  Amy got lots of gifts and there were a lot of laughs :)  We did a fall theme, which is always fun because fall colors are so beautiful!  The shower was at 10:30 am, so we had a breakfast menu.  Everything was delicious!  Jane-Jane made breakfast casserole.  Dionne made sausage twirls.  Sue-Sue made mini muffins and put together a beautiful fruit salad.  Sandy made a pumpkin log.  I brought the cake and honeybun cake squares.  For favors, I borrowed an idea from another blog and made pumpkin butter.  I think they turned out really cute!  Sue-Sue put together the cutest little display of onesies with letters on them, spelling out "BABY PERRY".  Hopefully I will post a picture of it later.. 
Unfortunately little Addison was not feeling so well at the shower.  She had her first really stuffy nose the night before and did not sleep well at all.  She was sooooooo exhausted.  All she wanted to do was sleep, but mommy just kept passing her around to everybody.  I'm sorry little one, but everyone wanted to hold you!  And who can blame them?  :)  She finally did settle down a little when Megan was holding her...



She was very content with Dionne too.  Wish I had a picture to share. 

By the time sweet Lauren got to her, all she could do was cry.  She tried to hang in there, but just couldn't take it anymore.  I'm sorry, Lauren!

She finally fell asleep once most of the guests were gone.  She slept all the way home.  Then I got her in and laid down on the couch myself and the both of us slept for about 3 more hours!  Boy were we tired! 
She has been much better today.  I am so thankful to the good Lord above that my sweet little girl is feeling better today!

We are so looking forward to meeting baby Perry and are praying for his safe arrival!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!