Weekend Fun

This past weekend was full of family, fun, and sunshine! Michelle, Mindy, and I started off early Saturday morning...at 5:30 am to be exact. Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT a morning person, but nearly every Saturday this time of year I hop right out of bed at the crack of dawn to check out the local YARDSALES!! Call me crazy, but I just love finding a good deal, and there is no better place to do that than at a yardsale! I'll have to post some pictures of some of the great finds I have stumbled across in the past, but for now, back to the weekend...Once the yardsale excitement began to fade for the morning, we changed course and headed to the river. The weather was perfect! My mom and dad were already down there. Then came me, Mindy, Landon, and Luke. And just a short while later came Michelle, Peyton, and Connor. All the boys had fun playing in the water (except for Luke, ofcourse, who pretty much slept and ate).


We also did a little pier fishing, but didn't have much luck with that. Later Adam joined in the fun. We had a yummy supper...beer chickens, boiled potatoes, and salad, with homemade ranch, ofcourse...YUM! Then on Sunday, Adam and my dad went fishing on the boat while us girls and kids pretty much did the same old same...play, play, play! Man, those kids will wear you out! :) My dad and Adam came back, unfortunately without a single fish story to tell. Then Adam and I took our turn on the boat...again, not even a bite. The weather was so perfect for boat-riding, though, that I didn't even mind the stubborn fish. Oh, and let me just add this little tid bit...the weather was so perfect if you put on sunscreen. Check out the picture below and you will see where I'm going with this.....
You would never believe that the first thing I asked Adam when we got on the boat was, "Did you put sunscreen on?" And even more unbelievable is his answer,"Yes." Next time I'll have to be more specific, because I later found out that he did, in fact put sunscreen on....he just didn't put any on his legs. Gotta love him!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!