A Prayer Answered

Some time in 2006-2007 I began questioning my career path. At the time, I was an employee at US Cellular. I worked at US Cellular for three years as a "retail wireless consultant". Although the job was great & the company was great, I began realizing that I wanted something different. Honestly, I wanted something that would better allow Adam and I to start a family. You see, Adam farms. He has been farming with his Dad ever since he was 13 or so. He enjoys it...he is such an outdoor person and a firm believer in "hands-on" hard work. Unfortunately, that hard work comes with loooooong hours. So, to make a long story short, with Adam's long/late hours, I needed to find a job that did not require night or weekend work so that I could be home with our "future baby". Also, I ofcourse wanted to find something that I would enjoy. After much research, consideration, and many prayers, i decided to apply to dental hygiene school at Wayne Community College. After the first semester and a half of hygiene school, I had to quit my job at US Cellular because there was simply not enough time in a day to do both. Thank God for my supportive loved ones that got me through that program! First of all, poor Adam has taken over pretty much all of our bills without a single complaint. And for all of my family and friends that took time out of their busy schedules to come be a patient for me.... THANKS. So, anyways...

I graduated from DH school in May of 2009 with dreams of finding the perfect job and making great money within a couple of months. However, God decided it was time to humble me....and humble me, He did. For the first couple of months, I had no work. I put out resume after resume and never got so much as a phone call. Then, I started working for a temp agency for dental employees. For the next 4 months or so, I averaged 1-2 days per week. Then around February of this year, my work picked up a little and my average became 3 days per week. Although I am thankful for every day of work I have been able to get over the past year and all that I have learned from each place I have worked, I have been longing ever since I graduated to find one office that was a fit for me...one place to call my "home away from home" where I could go every day and have the opportunity to see the same patients more than once! So what did I do? I prayed. I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed. I continued to update my resume every so often and send them out with a prayer. The further along my pregnancy got, the more I started thinking that it would be impossible to get a job before the baby comes. I should've known better than to doubt our awesome God...

Last Saturday, I had an interview at Contemporary Dental in Winterville. I started working there the following Monday! I cannot say enough about the Dentist there, Dr. Abdul, as well as his staff. To put it lightly, they are amazing people. They are so kind! And to top it off, it is less than 10 minutes from my house! If you live nearby and do not have an established dentist, I would highly recommend you come see us :)

I want to send a special THANK YOU out to my bible study girls. You girls have prayed for me week after week over the past year! I know God heard each and every one of your prayers. Thanks for keeping faith in me and, more importantly, for keeping faith in God. I love you girls!
And for the many people out there searching for employment in this tough economy, I am sending some special prayers up just for you. Don't give up!

"Wait on the Lord and be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart" Psalm 27:14

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!