The Good News and the Bad News

Just a few things that have been going on lately with the Beaman family...I like to give the bad news first, so here goes...

Addison
     Bad News:  Addison has a stubborn streak in her.  I can't imagine where in the world she got that from.....Well, this stubborn streak has awarded her a few time-outs and spankings lately.  Yesterday morning, she had a cup full of Lucky Charms...I know, breakfast of champions.  Anyways, she knocked her cup over and Lucky Charms scattered all over the couch.  When I asked her to clean them up, she said, "No".  Well, after giving her several tries and warnings, I spanked her and put her in her chair for time-out.  When I went to get her out of time-out, she told me she was sorry, gave me a hug and then came right back in here and refused to clean up her mess again.  Well, by this time, I was changing Broughton's diaper and Daddy came home.  He told her to clean up her cereal and her stubborn little self wouldn't do it...so she got her second spanking.  Finally, she got herself together and Adam told her again to clean up her mess.  Do you know that little girl still just stood there...NOT cleaning.  So....spanking #3.  Finally, after her third spanking she decided that she would clean up the cereal.  Good Grief!

     Good News:  On a much better note...Addison has been doing GREAT with potty training. I owe this all to Luke.  She pretty much had lost all interest in the potty until she saw her buddy, Luke, starting to use the potty.  That was a couple of weeks ago.  The first week or so she would have several accidents but would also use the potty several times.  Now, we are down to maybe one accident/day and sometimes none!!!  She also stays in her "big girl underwear"  all day at school!  I cannot tell you how excited we are about this!!!  We are getting down to just one diaper bill!  



Broughton
     Bad News:  Poor little Broughton had to get re-circumsized this past Friday.  There weren't any real problems with his circumcision.  They just didn't take off enough.  So, we went back Friday to have it done again....as if it isn't bad enough to have that done once!  I was just across the hall from the room he was in and let me tell you...I didn't know if I was going to make it...the cries that came from my sweet boy were just about more than I could handle.  It was sooooooo pitiful!  

     Good News:  The good news is, his Dr did a great job with the circumcision, Broughton is doing GREAT...and they didn't charge me for it!  Thank-y
ou, Jesus!


Mama (Me)
     Bad News:  MASTITIS!  Need I say more?  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!  Also, in the "bad news" category...this is my last week off before I go back to work.  I was so ready to go back to work after having Addison, but it is different this time.  A part of me wants to go back to work to get into a routine again, but a large part of me is very sad about it!
     
     Good News:  I got some antibiotics and I am no longer in tears from pain!  

Daddy (Adam)
     Bad News:  It's tobacco season
      Good News:  It's tobacco season  Ha!  

Well, those are just a few tid-bits from us Beamans  :)  And now for a random picture of all my sleepy babies...


:)
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!