Addison's 2nd Birthday Party

I am way behind on this post, but I didn't want to leave it out.  We had Addison's 2nd birthday party at the park.  It turned out great!  The weather had me a little worried but it ended up being a beautiful day!  Addison was a little quiet because she was so tired.  Unfortunately, she didn't have a nap before her party.  Since we have had Broughton, it has become much harder to get her down for a nap...usually because it's just me with the two of them most of time on the weekends and I honestly hardly even try.  It's just not worth the trouble.   She still had a good time though.  Although, we couldn't get her off the swing.  That girl does love to swing!  Here are a few pictures of the kids playing on the playground...I hate that I didn't get pictures of all the kids, but something is wrong with my camera :(

Peek-a-boo!

I see you....



PaPa and Mimmy...

Del and his mom...

Swingin' again...

Claire-bear...

The oldest and the youngest...sleeping away :)

This is pretty much what Broughton looked like the entire party...

Ayden coming down the slide...

Luke just about to stick his fingers in the cake....

Kelsey enjoying a cupcake...

me, Adam, Addison, Broughton, and Boompa...


Several nights before her party, I asked Addison what kind of birthday cake she wanted because Gamma wanted to make her cake.  Without hesitation she said, "a big, green one!"  I said, "You want a green cake?" and she corrected me..."a BIG green one!"  Because her "favorite colors have been orange and pink, I said, "Do you want pink or orange on it?"  She said, "No, just green."  The next day I asked her the again..."what color  cake did you say you wanted?"...just to see if she'd say the same thing.  She said, "green".  This time, though, she said it could have pink on it, but she was pretty set on the green.  Here she is posing with her "special" dairy-free, egg-free "big, green" birthday cake...

...and blowing out the candles...

We let time get away from us and ended up having to pack up Addison's presents before she even got a chance to open them.  She didn't want to get off the swings long enough to open one anyway...but when she got home, it was a different story.  She caught a quick cat-nap in the truck...

...and then she was ready to get into her presents...

Addison got LOTS of fun things!  Thank-you to everyone!  And thanks for coming out to help us celebrate Addison's birthday!!!  Also a big thanks to Gamma for the cake, to Sue-Sue for the favors and food, and to Mimmy and Amy for helping to look after Addison so we could get everything together.  It really does take an army...ha!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!