Addison, 3 years old!


Addison turned 3 a couple of weeks after the big birthday bash, on July 26th!  I wish I could put into words just how special this child is!  Simply thinking about her beautiful soul nearly brings me to sweet, happy tears.  As a mother, I couldn't be more proud.  As a child of God, I couldn't be more thankful for the beautiful gift of my sweet Addison Leigh.
So, what is this busy three-year old up to these days?  EVERYTHING!  Currently, she has tennis one day a week, gymnastics on another day every week, and she just started dance on yet another day every week. I don't plan to run myself ragged taking her everywhere, but I want her to get a chance to try several things out to see what she likes.  So far, though, she loves them all!

Here she is learning from my former coach, Mr. Clark!  I was SO PROUD!...

this honestly, is her favorite part....filling up her water cup at the cooler. ha...

look at that stance...she is ready!  :D

picking up balls...

Brother tagging along as usual...

She started out gymnastics at the beginning of this year and was in the class where the moms/dads go in with the kids.  She has just moved up to the "Little Flippers" class where the parents watch from a separate room.  I was so happy to see her favorite teacher from her old class teaches the Little Flippers class too!  She went right on in as soon as she saw her (Mrs Julia).  Here are a few pics from her old class...

balance beam...

bars...

climbing...

parachute fun...

Maggie and Addison...

sitting with Ms Julia...even in this class, she still had to pretty much be on her own because Brother was always with me...and i can NOT take an eye off of him. lol...

listening to Ms Julia...

Circle Time...

waiting to get on the trampoline...her favorite part!...

Waiting to go in with Maggie and Anna Kate...

"flying"

Love this sweet picture of her and Maggie-Moo...

Broughton has to wait outside with me now, but he had fun "joining in" on her old class while it lasted...

balance beam and tunnel...


chatting with the ladies...

 He LOVED this ball pit, but not as much as I did!  I just wish I discovered his love for it sooner!  He would stay in there for a long time, which means I wasn't chasing him all over creation...

hula hoop...

my little dare devil trying his best to get on the balance beam...


She has only had one day of dance class so there will definitely be picture to come of that!  We were a little worried that she would be scared to go...parents aren't allowed to stay and watch.  When we were getting her dressed to go, she cried and said, "I want to go to dance, but not right now."  However, as soon as she got there and saw the big girls in there dancing, she was ready.  She went right on in, sat down as the teacher instructed and never looked back.


She is still a Mickey-Mouse addict, loves chocolate milk, and is an awesome big sister!  She loves to be outside, loves to play with "art stuff", play dough, loves to swing, play in the sandbox, and ride her bike.  She is a bundle of energy...right until she passes out (which is much later than I care to admit).  Side note:  *We must work on bed time!  Ahhhhhh!*







Thank God, this year she loves the pool!  Last year was a different story, but this year, with her swimmies, she is all about it!  She took swimming lessons for a couple of weeks and didn't exactly love it, but she got through it.  She definitely likes having her swimmies on!  I am hoping that we can work more with her next year and not allow her to rely on her swimmies.  But with a one year old to look after, sometimes you just have to do what's easier.   

Everyone in her swim class is from her daycare class.  Here's the whole crew...Addison, Parker, Lorelei, Gabriella, Colton, and Luke...


Her teachers, Rachel and John...


Broughton hanging out with his buddy, Josh...

Going down "half" of the slide...

Her favorite words are clearly, "I want a snack" because she says it about 50,000 times per day!  She is still an excellent eater....especially for a 3 year old.  However, if given the option between healthy food or junk food, she would pick junk every time.

She is very interested in Jesus and Heaven lately.  She goes to a christian daycare, so she learns a lot there.  About 6 months or so ago, she was dancing around in the living room and stopped suddenly, came over to me and said, "Mama, did you know the angels stopped by here?"  I asked her to repeat herself and sure enough, that's what she said, very matter-of-factly.  I said, "What were they doing when you saw them?"  She quickly responded, "Uhm, they were just singing and singing and singing"....and then went immediately back to twirling around as if she never said anything.  She will also randomly say things like, "The good Lord makes us happy."  It's the most precious thing!

Another little story:  Landon's birthday party was at the water park last month.  When the place started to close down and everyone was leaving, we had to make a long walk from around the pools to get back to our "stuff".  Addison was walking a good ways behind us because she is SLOW and has to check out EVERYTHING!  Well, we were keeping a good eye on her, so we thought.  When we got to our "stuff",  I looked back at her and said, "Here are our shoes.  We gotta put our shoes on."  Adam was carrying brother and they followed behind me.  Well, we didn't realize until a couple of minutes later that Addison had kept right on walking....right out the gates of the park!!!  I felt such panic as we searched for her.  What took about 3 minutes felt like 3 hours!  Some nice employee was walking her back toward the park when Adam thought to look out the gate.  Well, we had a long talk with her.  We apologized because of course we shouldn't have taken our eyes off of her.  We also stressed to her how important it is to keep an eye on us.  Well, a couple of days later, we were riding in the car and Addison randomly said, "Mama, I was at Landon's party yesterday (anything in the past is "yesterday" to her), and I walked out the gate, but Jesus saved me."  It brought tears to my eyes!  Such innocent, wise, strong, and true words ...straight from the mouth of babes!

This was on our walk back to get our shoes....BEFORE we lost her...

She still makes a MESS  with a big cup, so we usually let her use a sippy.  

There is no denying that she is, always has been, and always will be a Daddy's girl!


But she does love her mommy too!  She still greets me with an excited "Mommy!" and a big hug almost every day that I pick her up from school...I was able to snap this shot of her a few months ago when I picked her up.  If only she would forever run to me with such excitement.  Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can!

She can be SUCH a girl sometimes!  It never ceases to amaze me how she can shed real tears at the drop of a hat!  "But he won't share!" ....or "I got a boo-boo".....I bet people look at me like I'm the worst mother in the world when I ignore her meltdowns....but I can tell which ones are fake ;)  I mean look at this face...yes, there is a slight surface scratch here...that cleared up in less than two days might I add...but you would've thought she got stabbed!  Love her and her dramatic little self!

Unfortunately she woke up on her birthday with a temperature of 104.  It delayed our planned trip to the beach by a half a day, but we decided to still give it a go.  Better to be sick at the beach than be sick at home, right?  Because I took so many beach pics, surprise, surprise....I'll make that a separate blog.


HAPPY THREE YEARS MY SWEET, SWEET BABY GIRL!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!