Addison Lately

A little about Addison these days...


She loves to line up random things around the house to make a "train".  She has been doing this for months.  The other night, Broughton was laying on the floor...she lined up things on either side of his head and made him part of her train.  It was too funny!  Wish I had a picture of it.  Here are a few pics of her playing with Broughton , though...



She likes to read him books...
She does love that boy!  She loves him so much, just yesterday she looked me dead in the eye and said, "I want two brothers".  I said, "You do?"  She said, "Uh-huh."  I said, "What if we had another girl instead?"  She said, "Oh"...and looked a little disappointed.  I said, "If you had another baby, would you want it to be a brother or sister?"  She quickly said, with a big grin, "a brother!".  Then I told her we might would have another one if she could get a job and pay for it.  I think I lost her then.  Lol!  

A new favorite of hers:  Kidz Bop! 
Michelle and Mindy's kids love the Kidz Bop CDs.  I finally got around to getting one for Addison and she LOVES it!  The first song on the CD (I cant think of the name of it) is her favorite!  She says, "That's my song!"  She immediately liked it the first time she heard it because it says the word, "party", a lot.  Every time she heard that word, she would say, "Party!" and get so excited.  Now she knows a lot more of the words, but the part that just tickles me is when she sings, "the party don't start 'till I walk in!"  She is a mess!  Thanks to Kidz Bop, dance parties are a regular occurrence in our house.  Here are a few pictures of Adam and her dancing to "her song"... 




 This one is pretty random, but I was excited about it...Addison will FINALLY wear flip-flops!


I am a flip-flop lovin' girl, so I have been trying to get Addison to wear flip-flops for over a year now!  I bought her a couple of pairs last summer, but she absolutely refused to wear them!  She has never been picky about her clothes.  Thankfully, she pretty much wears what I want her to wear most of the time.  The flip-flops, however, have been the one exception!  That hasn't stopped me from trying though.  Every time she wears an outfit like the one above that would just look so cute with flip-flops, I would suggest she try them.  She always says no and I don't push it.  But for some reason, on this particular day, she said, "OK".  She has had no problem wearing them ever since!  Too bad flip-flop weather is almost gone. 

And speaking of flip flop weather, here are a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago at the river.  This was kind-of our "good-bye to summer" trip.  I have never been a fan of cold weather.  Adam loves it!  It has grown on me a little more in the recent years...I used to LOVE 90+ degree weather.  Crazy, I know!  Now, a perfect day for me is 75-80 degrees.  And I actually like for the nights to be a little cool.  So, I have come to love the Fall!  However, I am still always sad to say good-bye to summer.  











And now for her super-hero pose...ha

A few more things Addison likes:

suckers, playing with Lukey-Luke!, she is so proud of her big girl bed (she has been in for several months now), sunglasses, any kind of crackers, swinging, bath time, ketchup, playgrounds, her new teachers, especially Ms. Mary!, I am happy to say she does love her mommy and daddy!, riding with her daddy anywhere, Mickey Mouse (move over, Elmo!), singing, she has been pretending more lately...feeding her baby dolls, putting them to bed, etc....she even pretends to pump milk for her babies...hilarious...



She is SUCH a night owl!  She just keeps going and going and going!  She is also a home-body.  Both of these things she got honest...from her mommy AND daddy.

And now, a couple of things Addison does NOT like...

Number one on the list, without a doubt, would be loud noises!!!  Actually, they don't even really have to be loud.  Unfortunately, she has super-sensitive ears like her daddy.  This worries me a little bit.  She does not like fireworks, motorcycles, sirens, dogs barking, hammering, large crowds (mainly because of the noise), crying, thunder...or even "loud" rain.  She also has a sudden fear of dogs.  I don't know what brought this on.  She has always loved Griffon and Sadie, but for the past couple of weeks, she is afraid of them.  If you ask her if she is afraid of them she says no.  She even proudly states with a smile that they are "my dogs".  But if you put her down on the ground and she sees either of them, she immediately says, "No Griffy, No Sadie" and wants to be picked up.  All I can say is I hope she outgrows both of these fears.  She once had an unnatural fear of any kind of bug.  I mean if a fly got in our car, it was a catastrophe!  She would pure shake with terror if a fly landed on her anywhere.  Thank God she got over that one, considering we live in the country!!!  So, I am hopeful that she will get over these other fears!


So, that's a little bit about my precious little girl these days!  It is so hard to believe she is more than 2 years old now!  What a blessing she is!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!