Just Me and My Girl


I have so much catching up to do with my blog, but I wanted to start with an update to my last post.  First of all, a big Thank-You to everyone that has been so sweet to respond to my last post with advice, support, prayers, encouragement, love, etc.  It truly is easier raising children when you know you have an army of friends and family surrounding you!  I love you all!  And you will be happy to know that my sweet little Addison has been just that....sweet!  I told Adam last Sunday evening that I think Addison must have read my blog because the day after I wrote it (Saturday)  and Sunday, she was sooooooo sweet to me!  Adam said, "No, I think God read your blog.".....I do love him so!

Last Saturday, I was determined to have a "Mommy and Me" day with Addison!  Thankfully, Adam was able to stay home with Broughton.  I decided to take her to a local parade and festival, the Collard Festival in Ayden.  On the way there, she wanted to stop at "the blue store" (the Farmer's Fresh Market....it has a blue roof).  She likes to stop here and get candy.  So, of course we stopped.  We got a bowl of grits and an airhead :)  We sat on the picnic tables outside of the store and enjoyed our breakfast of champions.  Here she is just a posing...

...and playing...

Finally, we made it to the parade just in time.  We got a good parking place and then settled down on a beach towel.  Unfortunately, we didn't sit there long.  Addison is NOT a fan of loud noises and obviously I forgot that that is pretty much all that a parade is...one loud noise after another...firetruck sirens, marching bands, insanely loud go-carts, etc.  I was able to get one quick smile out of her...

And then, we watched from the car...

After the parade, we rode the hobby horses 3 times...

Then we almost got rained on...

We decided to go check out the booths when all of a sudden, the bottom fell out of the sky.  Thankfully, we were standing right beside a nice lady selling pottery that shared a huge umbrella.  

Although it had its obstacles, the day overall was a success.  All that mattered is that me and my girl finally got some time together...alone...and it was so good for this mama's soul!  Addison mended my heart just as fast as she broke it!  Thank-you, God for reading my blog!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!