Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was absolutely awesome!  As my Mother's Day gift, me, Adam, and Addison spent the weekend at the beach!!!  I have always loved the beach, but for some reason, this year, the beach has really been calling my name, so I was beyond excited when Addison and I headed out Friday morning for Pine Knoll Shores.  As soon as we got everything unpacked, we headed straight to the sand...






Addison had fun playing in the sand, but would not go near the ocean.  She would start crying even if I started walking to the water.  Daddy made it down just before bedtime Friday night.  I don't know who was more excited to see the other...Adam or Addison.  You would have thought they had been apart for weeks.  It was so sweet!  When Addison woke up the next morning, the first word out of her mouth was, "water"... and she pointed to the balcony.  Then she said, "I go beach!"  So, as the princess ordered, we went to the beach :)





After a couple of hours, Mindy, Luke, Landon, and Savannah joined us on the beach, and then at the pool.  Addison also would not get in the pool.  That makes me wonder if she is my child???  We are definitely going to have to work on this!  She had fun getting in the pool last year.  I guess we just have to ease her back in.  All we could get her to do was sit at the steps with her feet in.  She did have fun playing around the pool, though.  Ha





After spending some time at the pool, we decided to get cleaned up and check out the Aquarium.  All the kids enjoyed this...


After the aquarium, Addison took a much-needed nap in the car.  Then we ate at Rap's in Morehead, which was delicious!  By the time we got back to the hotel, we were all pooped.  Addison was still pooped the next morning.  When we asked her if she wanted to go to the beach, she said, "No beach...go home".  Lol.  Little did she know I was determined to take some photos of her on the beach in her new dress that I shouldn't have bought.  Ha!  She was a good sport though!  The wind was crazy, but that didn't stop me from trying...














Thank-you, sweet baby girl for making me a mommy!!!  I couldn't be more proud this Mother's Day!  How blessed us mommies are!  I hope that everyone out there had an awesome Mother's Day as well! 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters

Look Who's One!