Look Who's One!

July 26, 2011...Addison's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!  I don't even know what to say.  There are so many things I have thought about writing for this blog, but right now all I can think to say is THANK YOU JESUS for choosing Adam and myself to watch over your precious baby Addison Leigh!  And THANK YOU JESUS for the blessing that she continues to be each and every day to so many people!
I just can't believe it has been a whole year since we were at the hospital welcoming our new baby to the world.  And now here she is standing all by herself...

She's still not walking on her own, but has been doing the bear walk a lot lately...

She wears 12-18 month clothes, size 3-4 diapers, and size 3 shoes.  She started drinking big girl milk (soy milk) a couple of days ago, so no more formula!  She is still a GREAT eater!  And she still will let the whole world know if her belly is hungry!  She still LOVES to dance more than anything in the world!  She added a new word to her "vocabulary" last night....tractor!  She says different words, but only if she feels like it.  She will walk back and forth to mommy and daddy 2-3 steps max....but again, only if she feels like it.  She makes the most faces and does the craziest things with her mouth.  This is a common Addison face that I just love...


She has suddenly become a bit of a night owl.  It's like she gets a second wind at about 8:00 and just plays and plays and plays.  I think she got that honest :)  Unfortunately, this does not result in her sleeping later. 
She is starting to show a little interest in Yo Gabba Gabba and Dora the Explorer again.  Her hair is starting to curl a little bit behind her ears...especially when she gets all sweaty...


She is starting to act like she's ready for a "big girl" car seat.  It's like she's been discussing with her friends at daycare or something about turning around in the car.  Every time I put her in the seat she wants to stand up in it and face forward.  She thinks its funny. 

I was a little disappointed the night before her birthday.  I had planned to make some dairy-free, egg-free cupcakes (Sounds yummy I know-ha) to take to daycare.  I was talking to my sister, Mindy, just as I was about to make them.  She told me she didn't think we could take homemade food to daycare.  Well, she was right and I didn't have a plan B.  I know, I know, Addison will never know if I took treats to her classroom for her birthday, but I really, really wanted to!  Then I got a little frustrated b/c I was hoping to get off work a little early to go pick her up and do something special.  That didn't happen either.  Thankfully, Aunt Mimi saved the day!  She stopped by my work and asked me if she could pick up Addison early.  She wanted to take her to a new yogurt place in Winterville that has dairy-free watermelon sorbet. Addison loved her birthday sorbet!  Mindy said she ate every bite of it and then had a blast playing with the cup.  She brought her back to my work just as I was finishing up.  Here is Addison holding her present from Mimi.  It was soooo sweet!  A pearl necklace that you add pearls to every year.  I'm sure Addison will cherish this necklace for years to come!  Thanks Mimi!


Adam and I decided to take Addison to the park after work for some more birthday action.  We had so much fun!  We strolled a little and swung a lot...
I wasn't able to get pictures of Addison on the toddler playset, but she absolutely LOVED it!  It has tunnels that you crawl in with holes you can peek out of.  Her and Dada crawled inside and kept peeking at Mommy out of the little holes.  So precious! 

We just knew she would crash when we got home, but we were wrong.  She kept going and going and going!  She was soooo happy.....like she knew it was her birthday :)  Her teacher, Candice, sent us this picture of her at daycare the next day...
She wote, "I think somebody was worn out from their birthday celebration the night before".  I think she was right :)

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SWEET ADDISON!!!!!!!!!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Addison's first babysitters